For over 30 years, David E. Williams has delighted and disturbed a worldwide audience with his demented chamber pop across seven full length albums.
From the surgical theatre to the barnyard, he has written songs of forbidden love and compulsory violence, of relationships that sour in in the dreary day to day, and of love fulfilled only in death and the grief of dead lovers.
In other words: the true songs of our shared humanity across all boundaries.
Now, dark music royalty such as Tara Vanflower, Gitane Demone and Scout Pare-Phillips recreate these curiously empathetic songs in a manner never heard before.
From goth disco to ethnic folk to musique concrete', this is a David E. Williams release unlike any other, yet each track asserts itself as a newer, better ultimate version.
It's as if each song was somehow always intended to sound this way.
Enjoy these gifts.
All tracks conceived and manifested between June 2017 and February 2018.
Words and Music by David E. Williams.
Mastered for Vinyl by James Plotkin, February 2018.
Sleeve Design by Tesco Jane.
Limited edition of 300.
Side A -
1. Casa Ukrania - Done Gone Gomorrah!
2. Scout Pare-Phillips - Someday I Will Live My Life as a Horse
3. Porta Vittoria - The Curious Pediatrician
4. Awen - Teddy Bear Laser Speculum
5. Andie Moor - A Patch of Fog in Purgatory
6. A Piano and a Cocktail Murderess - Summer Wasn’t Made for You and Me
7. Tara Vanflower - Relentless and Unrelenting
Side B -
1. Apibus - Sandra Lindsey
2. Radio Eris - Stench Number Seven
3. Bjarkan - Haiku, Interrupted
4. Jessica Way and Nathaniel Ritter - Fishheads and Olives
5. Gitane Demone Quartet - I Have Forgotten How to Love You
6. Jennifer Lydon - Kill Yourself in Cape May
Old Europa Cafe AVS