“Basement” is dark wave/ambient release revolving around variations of a central musical theme.
As the album progresses, the melodies become less apparent and the tone of the songs becomes darker and more abstract.
Varied yet coherent, a part of the story is told by each individual track, culminating in the auditive equivalent of a short horror story.
Featuring Guest vocal contributions by Ann-Mari Thim (ARCANA), Melissa Ferlaak, Zuberoa Aznarez and Sven Houflijn
“Basement” tells the fictional story of 1920’s Lichford, a small town in New England.
Ever since a sinister man by the name of Horace Pinkerton took up residence in the old Mound estates, strange things have been happening.
Lurid lights, sordid sounds, mysterious movements, … The people of Lichford are frightened.
And so on the evening of the 21st of October 1924, the town decides to investigate. They enter the Pinkerton house only to discover the terrible abominations he has kept there for the past years.
Though Horace himself is nowhere to be found, one of the men discovers a diary that holds much of the forbidden knowledge its author had amassed.
Horrified by what they find, the townspeople light their torches and burn the estates to the ground.
But as the flames claw at the night sky, a storm from the East carries the fire over to Lichford and the entire town is destroyed.
In the Summer of 1932, a researcher from the Miskatonic University investigates the ruins of Lichford only to find that there is something unnatural hiding in the shadows of the crumbled walls.
As he decides to leave the haunted site, he comes upon a tattered, scorched diary at the base of an abandoned mill…
01. This Town was once a peaceful Place
02. The lurid Lights that linger over Lichford
03. Something strange stirs in the Streets
04. Mysterious Movements in the House of Horace Pinkerton
05. The Dead that dwell in Darkness
06. Ring a Ring o' Roses
07. Sacrilegious Ceremonies of the South
08. The Hermetic Order of the Silver Twilight [MP3]
09. Mastering the Mysteries of Mythos
10. Symbols and Signs to Summon Yog-Sothoth
11. Night of Burning Buildings
12. Exploring the Ransacked Ruins
13. Gramophone in the Grave
14. Midnight at the old Mound Mill
15. The lasting Legends of Lichford
16. Bones beneath the Barrows
Old Europa Cafe AVS